Hiking around Düsseldorf
Ruhr region is not particularly famous for the surrounding nature. Yet, there are still quite some places to walk around. Since February 2017 we are going hiking every Sunday. Every time different place with different people of various origins, ages, occupations etc. Anyway, we go together, but as independent hikers. Join us if you want to enjoy your Sunday!
November 26, 2017 Hiking near Bochum!
Hey guys! Getting prepared for Christmas? It's the right time go out before getting wasted over the Christmas vacation! This time, we're proposing a hike near Bochum, a nice region to hike even in winter!
See full screen
The plan is as follows: We're gonna see each other in front of the main entrance of Düsseldorf Hbf at 10:00. Then we'll take the RE1 up to Bochum at 10:21 from platform 18, which will arrive at 11:02. Then we'll change to the U35 that leaves at 11:20 up to Bochum Markstraße that arrives there at 11:27. That's all. Easy, isn't it? If you come from a different city, feel free to join us wherever you want.
Then we walk according to the map above. The map can be downloaded from here
The event is also organised on couch surfing. You can find it here.
You might be interested in reading this page regarding the concept if you want to know more about it.
Hope to see you there!!
Special trip: Easter at Cochem!
Hey guys! The Easter holidays are approaching. Why not enjoying the moment together? This time, I'm proposing a 4-day trip to Cochem, which is an extremely beautiful city along the Moselle.
See full screen
So the rough plan is here: in the morning of March 30th, 2018, we'll take a train from Düsseldorf to Cochem and hopefully we can take a group ticket. Then we stay at Haus Daniela, for which I already booked 5 apartments for 20 people in total (i.e. 4 people per apartment) for 3 nights from March 30th to April 2nd. Following stuff is planned so far:
- Hiking along the Mosel
- Castles: Reichsburg, Winneburg, Burg Eltz
- Cochem: Senfmühle (mustard mill, not interesting according to my colleague), Wine tasting, Old city, Beilstein (not exactly in Cochem)
- Trier: Karl Marx house (where Karl Marx was born), Aula Palatina, Cathedral, Rheinisches Landesmuseum, Imperial bath, Amphitheater. By the way, it really makes sense to go to Trier, because it's a famous Roman city that cannot be reached easily from any other German city.
And here's the time plan:
- Until December: Planning
- December: Reservation of train tickets
- January - February: Creation of participant list
- March 12: Cancellation limit of Haus Daniela
- March 30 - April 2: Trip to Cochem
The price will be about 135 to 140 € per person for the stay and the train.
List of participants:
|Name ||Outward journey ||Return journey ||Hostel stay||Confirmed|
|1||Sam ||Düsseldorf-Cochem ||Cochem-Düsseldorf ||Yes||Yes|