Here in Europe it is usually very easy to find a language partner. However, with your language level not sufficiently high, you will probably not be able to chat with your partner (at least in the languages you wish to learn), so this is just a collection of random phrases that I found somewhere in the Internet or took from books in order for you to have something to translate. You can find easier phrases from this page.
Here's how it works: We select 10 phrases from the list below each week. Every person translates each of them int the languages they are learning. In my case, for example, I try to translate them into Russian, and a Russian native speaker (hopefully present) corrects me. Easy, isn't it?
During the corona pandemic, we do it online at wonder.me, which allows us to create break-out rooms, so that each language gets its own room, although the participants can also move around. There's also a shared Excel sheet which is essentially used as a white board. If you are interested, let me know! I can share the link to the room and the Excel sheet.
1. How do you make an event entertaining?
2. Almost 95 percent are from the same community.
3. Today I found out that just because your boyfriend asks you to marry him doesn't mean that he will show up at the wedding.
4. There are only two other supermarkets in this area.
5. Nearly 40 percent of adults worldwide are overweight.
6. He didn't want it, but I made him take it.
7. We need to see what's going to come in the weeks and months ahead.
8. The soldier shook his head.
9. I traveled here in this time machine from the past.
10. Computers have mastered playing chess and driving cars across the desert, but can't hold five minutes of normal conversation.
11. Her parents never talked much about music.
12. My coworker's belongings went missing.
13. I blinked my eyes hard.
14. As a childhood friend, I'll give you some advice.
15. Although the sun was shining it wasn't that warm.
16. Everyday you take this route to class.
17. They now run a successful chicken feed factory.
18. Where do you come from?
19. Impulse buying is the enemy of all budgets.
20. They always need to have things explained.
21. Organic farming uses more land to produce the same amount of crop as conventional farming
22. Other universities and national laboratories are also stepping up.
23. Is there any milk in the fridge?
24. My boyfriend told me he took pictures of me while I was sleeping.
25. He expects he’ll have about a year to figure it out.
26. Most of us agree that there are excellent reasons for committing to a meatless diet.
27. Tonight before I go to bed, I will call my parents.
28. I'll rent a flat.
29. I often post pictures of my food online before I have tasted it.
30. My cat managed to digest some of the grass she ate.
31. You are no fun at all.
32. My 70-year-old coworker managed to do something to our shared computer for it to not boot up.
33. It is much more difficult to judge oneself than to judge others.
34. Sometimes it is slightly summer-ish.
35. She will not be too happy if this continues.
36. My vegan step mother found out I ate at McDonald's yesterday.
37. She is the oldest in her class.
38. I promised to get you home so I'll see it through to the very end.
39. I guess you are not familiar with the subway system in Sweden.
40. Tiny, blind panda newborns are notoriously fragile, and the cub’s survival is far from assured.
41. Can I watch TV?
42. I got back from a week long holiday with my new girlfriend.
43. The first night, then, I went to sleep on the sand, a thousand miles from any human habitation.
44. Excuse me, where is the subway station?
45. Will you kindly pass the sugar?
46. As we left the restaurant, I saw a father searching for his daughter.
47. Polls show that just 2 to 3 percent of Americans are vegetarian or vegan.
48. I never feel hungry or thirsty.
49. I dreamed yesterday a rat crawled up from the toilet and attacked.
50. When I go into a park, I sneeze a lot.
51. Avoiding one restaurant meal per week could save a family of four well over $2,000 per year.
52. People around the world are eating more and more sugar and sweeteners.
53. It was a question of life or death for me.
54. We'll skip the details.
55. I have been preparing for this moment my whole life.
56. I was in the restaurant yesterday when I suddenly realized I desperately needed to pass gas.
57. After I took a shower, we had breakfast.
58. But she is sceptical of the suggestion.
59. Most consumers share the perception that riesling represents the entirety of German wine.
60. Did you like the film? Not much.
61. Americans lose a billion dollars a day in health and productivity costs related to heart disease.
62. I saw the sunset forty-four times!
63. What if we gave you a chance to feel alive again?
64. They yelled at me until I started crying.
65. Eddie delivered a blow with all his force.
66. I found always precisely the same result.
67. He played an important role in his former job.
68. There wasn't the slightest truth in it.
69. I won't be meeting you in person.
70. What happens when you put a cucumber behind a cat?
71. Compared to her friends' parents, they're far more traditional, she says.
72. Keep watering the sprouts twice daily, never letting the soil dry out.
73. It might drop on his head from the sky.
74. Leaving with this money in my hand would make a huge difference.
75. Maybe I'll be better at it tomorrow.
76. Because of a lack of places, there are long waiting lists.
77. My roommate thought it was a good idea to set my beard on fire to wake me up.
78. To be honest, I don't buy this one very often.
79. Generous people have been taking me out to eat all over the place.
80. I called my mom before I left the office.
81. The political crisis caused turmoil in the country.
82. Where's my ice cream? I ate it.
83. For these people, feeling part of a small group is especially important, and one way to express that is through defiance of broader norms.
84. Just beneath "membership and billing" on the left side of the screen click the "Cancel Membership" button on the Account page.
85. She bought a rabbit, but I'm allergic to rabbits.
86. Shutting off the reading lamp, he backed out of the room and silently shut the door.
87. Lions and all their cat cousins, no matter how distant, scratch their claws for sharpening.
88. Which instrument do you play?
89. There's a correct way to buy stocks if you're convinced the market will crash.
90. I wonder if the lecture is over.
91. I always knew that I was different.
92. I never learned to draw anything.
93. I learned that I cannot cook or clean in my kitchen because it's too noisy for my neighbour.
94. I wasn't trying to make the exact same photo in the same place.
95. I just got home from the party.
96. What do you usually have for lunch?
97. Every six months you should review your automatically renewing subscriptions.
98. Draw me a sheep!
99. She produced the video about his project after she heard about it
100. I'm locked out and trying to get my roommate to let me in.
101. I was helping a customer over the phone.
102. I love those moments.
103. Do you want me to open the door?
104. Is there an Internet café around here?
105. I've visited Italy just once in my life, but I felt an instant connection to the country.
106. This morning he said he was not feeling well.
107. I have to admit I told him.
108. The bags were heavy.
109. I expect you'll find the cash tied up in a big bag in the middle of your bed.
110. I can't understand why someone with a physics degree would be bad at judging how often college students get invited to parties.
111. The rich have been relying on their savings.
112. He shouldn't have eaten my sandwich. It was mine!
113. Can you speak up a little? I can't hear you.
114. Four designs were on the list announced in September.
115. His phone rings day and night.
116. When I was 39 years old, I had an opportunity to enjoy the beauty of nature in Alaska.
117. Giving exact numbers is a tricky thing.
118. Membership is open to anyone who can figure out what it means.
119. I summed up the important points from the meeting, so make sure to read them through.
120. For many people, the minute you talk about something with a chemical name, even potassium, their eyes glaze over.
121. I will mark it on my calendar so I don't forget.
122. I lost my appetite.
123. We all know that eating out is more expensive than cooking at home, but sometimes you get home late from work, there's nothing in the fridge, and the prospect of both shopping and cooking is instantly overpowered by the Indian place that delivers.
124. My parents punished me and made me wash my mouth out with soap for cursing.
125. I saw someone run from my car with an armful of my stuff.
126. My friend never explained anything to me.
127. Where do you think he would go?
128. Just remember, everything happens for a reason.
129. Turn on the light please.
130. The student attended a lecture at her university.
131. She has a red car.
132. The girl I've gone on two dates with showed up at my house with several boxes of her stuff, expecting to move in.
133. This video is blowing their minds.
134. I had to sit on a hard wooden chair all day.
135. Thanks to the walkman, anti-social isolation is now the norm.
136. "Don't look back in anger", I heard her say.
137. The GPS is telling me to go straight, so I'm going straight.
138. Must you go back home right now?
139. I'm not going to discuss the matter.
140. If Americans ate according to that advice, it would be a huge win for the public's health.
141. If the weather gets better, we'll go to the park.
142. Amid these sounds, only the youthful kindly voice of the emperor Alexander was clearly heard.
143. The other day I bought olive oil without knowing what it works for because people were buying it like crazy as it was supposed to be cheap.
144. Life for the city's residents has changed beyond recognition.
145. Please tell me you’re keeping the wooden escalators.
146. I finally got myself settled into bed around 2 in the morning after a very long day.
147. These findings could be significant.
148. Get out of my kitchen!
149. The guests got furious when the hotel manager appeared.
150. Here, my family can trace its history back for generations.
151. They come to Brazil every year.
152. My throat is always dry.
153. Any other concerns before you sign the lease?
154. Afterwards, he shouted at me for talking to someone about our problems.
155. He glanced at the clock - it was 11:30.
156. That man brings nothing but misfortune.
157. I pressed unlock on my keys and saw the front lights flash.
158. Another huge study found no evidence that cell phones cause cancer.
159. They agreed to occupy the street in protest.
160. What will you do this weekend?
161. We usually eat Indian food.
162. After the lunch I went to the cinema.
163. I caught two kids passing notes to each other in my class.
164. The team members are busy raising money
165. Before they arrived at home, she prepared the meal.
166. I was asked to play a complex piano piece in front of my class, teachers and guests.
167. I got an angry call from my 7-year-old son's school.
168. Sofia waited, staring blankly at the football game on TV.
169. This picture reminds me of my cat.
170. I am allergic to cats.
171. I've never been so happy.
172. I crashed in the desert a thousand miles from any inhabited region.
173. To tackle the lack of transparency around the environmental impacts of all of our food, we would like to see labels on our food and drink that outlines its environmental impact.
174. I always kept a good relationship with my siblings.
175. Let's not pretend I'm not rather proud of myself.
176. I love to travel. It's a way of meeting new people.
177. I could not see my car in a crowded car park.
178. It's not easy to discern.
179. There shouldn't be anyone on the ship right now.
180. Would you please speak a bit more slowly?
181. I take no responsibility for what may happen in the next few hours.
182. Don't tell me what to do!
183. I'm going to hold something under the desk and I want you to guess it.
184. She has been up all night for many nights.
185. To rid yourself of fleas, you'll probably use a variety of medicated shampoos to kill them and wash them away.
186. We went to a nice restaurant by the river we used to frequent.
187. Why are they keeping from me what is mine?
188. I came here to chew bubblegum and make some friends.
189. She had to do a lot of smiling in her business.
190. In the course of my life I have had a great many encounters with a great many people.
191. People are gonna eat what they wanna eat -- what their appetites call for.
192. However, he does believe we could find a way round it.
193. I don't speak the language as well as I thought.
194. Sandstorms know no borders.
195. They created the sculpture only a few months ago.
196. Anything is fine.
197. I'd better not eat too much today.
198. A girl in my class introduced herself to me for the fourth time this semester.
199. She looked at me with disgust and asked what was wrong with me.
200. Where shall I put your sandwich?
201. As I was putting my phone in my purse, my father told me I wouldn't need it because we were going to spend 'quality time' together.
202. What are the three of you doing?
203. I'm writing out three medicines for you.
204. Even though I lost the race, I gave it all.
205. Singapore likes to call itself a garden city, with trees lining its roads, ample lush parks and grass and plants surrounding its buildings.
206. If accepted, the new recommendation would make the United States the latest country to issue stricter guidelines on alcohol consumption.
207. Why should anyone be frightened by a hat?
208. My mom took around 2,500 dollars from my savings account to pay off my sister's college tuition.
209. Could you please ask someone to bring the suitcase upstairs?
210. It isn't just the speech that the audience is drawing attention to.
211. It's wrong to keep a beautiful creature like this in a house.
212. I warn you of the consequences.
213. If one gets lost in the night, such knowledge is valuable.
214. Why don't you just get another job?
215. After the class has finished, we'll go to a restaurant.
216. I excitedly told my husband that I'm pregnant with our first child.
217. This time they were both men.
218. What are you waiting for?
219. Could the secret to success in your professional lives be linked to how well you sleep?
220. I thought it was all just a long dream.
221. Worn for centuries by girls and young women to symbolize purity and fertility, the wreaths are believed to have pagan origins that predate the introduction of Christianity to the Eastern Slavic world in the 10th century.
222. It looks like computers will beat humans at go pretty soon.
223. For years they've been following me.
224. Hackers briefly took down the website of the CIA yesterday.
225. Google Maps can now work out where you're going before you tell it.
226. I would try to find out if this was a person of true understanding.
227. We asked them if they might be interested in such a product, but all declined to comment.
228. Meanwhile, heavy rain has hampered recovery efforts.
229. I felt so lonely that I asked Siri to read me Wikipedia articles so that I could pretend I was having a conversation with a real human being.
230. My fiancé's mother gave me a beautiful cross necklace to wear for my wedding.
231. I felt like I was in a whole new place.
232. I was at a very important meeting with a client.
233. I was diagnosed with depression.
234. I wrote him a short letter.
235. What was before the big bang?
236. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be able to understand song lyrics without looking them up.
237. Your typical email program has several options to simultaneously message more than one person.
238. The mother bird lays her eggs in a nest and keeps them warm until the birdlings are hatched.
239. I went to move a load of laundry out of the washer into the dryer.
240. Will you bring me something from Italy?
241. How are you going to get a job in the future?
242. "We lost control," the man told the court on Monday.
243. He will wander off somewhere, and get lost.
244. Mike took his son to school this morning.
245. Our passion for meat has a negative impact on the environment.
246. I always have dinner at home.
247. We need to ask you a question nobody else could answer.
248. That hasn't much improved my opinion of them.
249. That's why researchers are working to solve some of the mysteries of aging.
250. Henry strode towards her.
251. He told the court that he and his colleagues had downed two bottles of whisky before he began drinking beer.
252. It's a Christmas tree with a heap of presents underneath.
253. I started a new school after moving from England to New York.
254. We're getting closer and closer to the headquarters.
255. I live right across from my work place.
256. Do you think you're stupid?
257. Today, I found out my bank charged me 50 dollars for not having any money.
258. It takes one hour on foot.
259. It's probably not a good thing to cause stress to an animal.
260. Now please tell me how the accident happened.
261. She is determined to learn Russian and eventually get a job in Russia.
262. You don't see or hear the cattle burping.
263. We don't know anyone else who could make this work as well as you.
264. Where do you see yourself in five years?
265. There are a disproportionately high number of dentists called Dennis.
266. People will be able to taste how they tasted in the past.
267. A treatment like this can prevent the first offence.
268. He appeared to be trying to make up his mind to enter.
269. She got up to add more fuel to the fire.
270. You can always count on me when you need help.
271. Our primary responsibility as an industry is to produce products that are environmentally safe.
272. My stomach growled so loud in the classroom that the boy sitting next to me thought his phone had vibrated.
273. Who do you know doesn't have a mobile phone?
274. They make you pay six dollars on Friday.
275. They can live for a few days, or several centuries
276. Here is a copy of the drawing.
277. Do you always start a conversation like this?
278. If you don't want it, give it to me.
279. The incident has sparked outrage on social media.
280. She was watching the mysterious movements of a man outside.
281. Excuse me, the cheque has not been signed.
282. He is looking at you.
283. I lived my life alone, without anyone that I could really talk to, until I had an accident with my plane in the Desert of Sahara, six years ago.
284. Can I smoke on the aeroplane?
285. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you’ll be well aware of how much I have benefited from the kindness of strangers during my travels.
286. I wonder if it's bad when I'm talking to myself and I'm not even listening
287. Everyone is always acting the same way.
288. It has caused enough mischief already.
289. Do you know what's wrong with him?
290. There are a lot of pale yellow flowers in the garden in spring.
291. Perhaps I should have told him the truth.
292. Cats of all shapes and sizes love to play with each other and they all play the same way.
293. He sat alone in the darkness, gazing at the dying fire.
294. I was thinking of going out, but no real plans.
295. I am going to have a difficult conversation with my husband.
296. It would take a lot of money to repair the roof and erase the water damage.
297. I was riding a horse yesterday and fell off.
298. You should at least try learning from me.
299. Don't you believe in luck?
300. We must get up early tomorrow and make plans for the party.
301. She accused me of stealing.
302. According to the report, one in five Brits has shared a food photo online or with friends in the past month.
303. Because of coronavirus restrictions, much of that maintenance has now been dialled back, and nature has been allowed to go a lot more wild.
304. Recent visitors have left mounds of rubbish at public spaces and beauty spots across the UK and beyond.
305. My husband came back home with a big case of beer for himself.
306. I decided to bike to work.
307. He won the country’s first sexual harassment case.
308. You'd introduce yourself, but you wouldn't know what to say.
309. I tried to keep an open mind about Allan even though I've heard some bad things about him.
310. A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.
311. I can't find my car keys.
312. I wonder why she's up so late.
313. I had so little drinking-water left that I had to fear for the worst.
314. Don't give up on your principles!
315. Financial markets have started 2016 in turmoil.
316. Cattle digest food differently than we do.
317. Due to delayed trains and a missed connection, it was almost midnight when I finally got home.
318. What can a loser like me do to help you?
319. It doesn't teach anything about literature.
320. I'm upset, somebody told my boss I have a part-time job.
321. Several companies were interested in buying the powder.
322. She pulled the suitcase out and placed it on the bed.
323. When I stood up to leave, my stress vanished.
324. Only children know what they are looking for.
325. It's funny because it's true.
326. You can't easily put the toothpaste back into the tube.
327. The majority of people need seven to nine hours of sleep and the majority of people don't get that much.
328. Two billion mobile phones are manufactured every year.
329. Much more challenging, however, will be solving the deeper social and legal barriers.
330. After some work with a pencil I succeeded in making my first drawing.
331. Anybody can find themselves into drug addiction.
332. The plates were still packed in white tissue paper.
333. Does the price include dinner?
334. Did you give him anything for it?
335. This country has the most castles in Europe.
336. Parachutes could be seen falling from the planes.
337. I can see it out of my window.
338. Demand for almonds is growing incredibly fast.
339. Relationships on Facebook are a big deal.
340. What counts as a streaming hit?
341. I want a single room with shower for two weeks.
342. What would you say is your biggest weakness?
343. My brain is what I rely on to understand how things work.
344. I wasn't answering his texts so he thought something had happened to me.
345. In the meantime, he knows he’ll have to contend with more opposition.
346. Distribution is in the hands of companies who operate as a cartel and seek to affect the government.
347. Adopting and sticking to a vegetarian lifestyle is much easier said than done.
348. Who has the largest room?
349. I totally agree with my wife.
350. For people who spend most of their time on the mainland, islands can be inherently interesting places.
351. If I could speak Spanish well, I would tell him how much I like his country.
352. He took his car in for a service.
353. Exposure to these toxins are known to cause a whole range of illnesses.
354. Whose car was that?
355. My 3 year old daughter's birthday present finally got delivered.
356. Spell checking wouldn't be very useful if you didn't have any help correcting the misspelled words.
357. Last year there were five Australians in the class.
358. Before lunch, my stomach started to ache.
359. This illness is devastating.
360. All I have to do is to think of every day as Sunday.
361. Think positively and you'll get better.
362. Everything is hard until someone makes it easy.
363. I'm shopping for the New Year.
364. It seems that this contract has not been signed.
365. This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly.
366. Just like domestic cats, tigers spend most of their days resting or sleeping.
367. There is no point of running away from a sniper.
368. After locking my keys in the car and waiting 3 hours for my mom to bring me my spare, I reached into my bag only to find my keys.
369. I would never stop you from going to college or doing anything else you wanted to do.
370. He should not have made references to this problem.
371. Many knew little about Germany before they came.
372. Daily life has changed in an indescribable way.
373. I really don't care, I just want to get out of the house.
374. They're not often used in the same sentence.
375. Even if all the initial targets are met, we’ll only be part of the way there.
376. A judge ordered her to stop doing that.
377. I recycle my trash at work.
378. Whenever I ask her to do something, she replies "Hakuna Matata" and doesn't even get up.
379. If you show it an interesting problem, it involuntarily drops everything else to work on it.
380. This website keeps saying "wrong password".
381. So many of my clients have had heart attacks and nervous breakdowns.
382. The guidelines discouraged heavy drinking and warned pregnant women and people with certain medical conditions not to drink.
383. My mother found my escaped pet snake after she had already washed and dried it with the laundry.
384. I went with him, because he needed help.
385. Have you ever started laughing for no reason, then started laughing even harder because you were laughing for no reason?
386. The most terrifying part was the feeling of responsibility that fell on me.
387. You punish companies you like.
388. I once chatted with these guys and discovered that they live very boring lives.
389. When I was six years old I once saw a magnificent picture in a book.
390. Instead of canceling for the third consecutive time due to work-related reasons, my boyfriend sent his twin brother on our date.
391. He was angry with me.
392. That did not really surprise me much.
393. She started her class by saying, 'Everyone who thinks they're stupid, stand up!'
394. Overall, the breakfast was better than I expected.
395. He discovered that the fruit he sought was definitely not available at his neighborhood grocery.
396. Seems like everything is ready for a good weekend, if only the weather is fine.
397. Our quiz was designed solely for entertainment, and the results should not be considered a scientific measure of your personality.
398. May I ask you a question?
399. I am very fond of sunsets. Come, let us go look at a sunset.
400. That is the most difficult thing of all.
401. How long will it take by bus?
402. My wife divorced me over Facebook.
403. He talked almost incessantly.
404. That ended up sounding optimistic.
405. Women generally have a lower metabolic rate than men because of their body composition so they prefer warmer rooms and need less air conditioning.
406. I might have his phone number.
407. We have a perception of ourselves today as very developed people.
408. A close friend told me she had no plans for her birthday.
409. This time everybody accepted his report.
410. What do you think you’re doing?
411. If you keep it, don't blame me for what happens.
412. Social ability and emotional stability are linked to sleep.
413. He was initially sentenced to eight months in jail but that was reduced to six because he admitted the charges.
414. Every state reported above-average annual temperatures.
415. I added a heap of hot red pepper to your original recipe
416. Sometime past midnight a girl has wandered past my apartment.
417. My teacher plugged the speakers into the wrong input on his computer.
418. Life is so different in the wintertime.
419. A phone I bought online turned up while I was at work.
420. Morris said the things happened so naturally, that you might attribute it to coincidence.
421. Explain how you remembered that so exactly.
422. A car that drives itself and emits nothing but water.
423. The knowledge of English helped me as I started travelling.
424. However, opponents in the energy industry have vowed to fight the plan.
425. Do you ever think maybe we should just admit that all beer tastes kind of bad and everyone's just pretending?
426. You don't like chicken?
427. It is morally right and legally right.
428. Marta doesn't need to go shopping today, because her fridge is filled with all the products her family requires.
429. The collection included extremely rare gold coins.
430. If you can't do it, then no one can save her.
431. Would you like to go out to dinner or to a movie?
432. Education is today more critical than ever.
433. She crammed the paper into the trash can.
434. The servants will turn me away.
435. I was fired.
436. Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them.
437. Do you see that physicist crossing the road?
438. Leave the kids at home.
439. I took out of my pocket a sheet of paper and a pen.
440. A hearty breakfast was a good way to start a day of energy-sapping labour.
441. I found my cat who's been missing for three days, sitting inside my neighbor's window.
442. He was born just after midnight.
443. If we all did that, the system would collapse.
444. She placed a plate of food upon the floor and the kitten ate greedily.
445. The old woman walked to the window and raised the blind.
446. This morning I called my colleagues.
447. Can you drive Joe and me to the doctor on Monday?
448. If you don't like it, don't drink it.
449. It debuted in 2002 and was based on technology from the US military.
450. One to two percent of the population can survive on four hours of sleep a night.
451. "And what is there special about it?" inquired Mr. White as he took it from his son, and having examined it, placed it upon the table.
452. It requires a clear consensus in societies about what to do in terms of liability, and it will take a very long time to reach.
453. They complained of poor restaurant service.
454. Did you discuss anything on your actual agenda?
455. There isn't enough room for the both of us.
456. I'm on vacation in Japan with my brother.
457. They somehow set their own personal clock at the same pace as the rest of the group.
458. How many people are there in the room?
459. My boyfriend put on a nice suit and asked me out to dinner.
460. It's a much bigger group than you might think.
461. Countries like Italy and Spain, rich with traditional wines, seemed to reject their indigenous grape varieties in favor of internationally known grapes like cabernet sauvignon, merlot and chardonnay.
462. We sat somewhere over there by a lake and I begged her to marry me.
463. It went on for around half an hour.
464. The date of his death is unknown.
465. Mount Everest and other peaks holds the largest concentration of perennial ice outside of the polar regions.
466. What shall we eat for dinner?
467. I saw an elderly woman drop 20 dollars while shopping.
468. I made paper airplanes during my free period in school.
469. If you're the boss of this place, let me work alone, it'll be more efficient.
470. While out hiking with my girlfriend, she thought it would be funny to push me down a small hill.
471. Mark Twain has been quoted as saying that he respected a person who could spell a word more than one way.
472. Hold the onion firmly with one hand.
473. Unfortunately, I can't read it.
474. He was turning the pages of his Sunday newspaper.
475. Almost all of the financial planners we contacted advise clients to cancel their traditional cable TV subscriptions.
476. I don't understand how my brain works.
477. About 252 million years ago, intense volcanic activity spewed tons of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.
478. We can have a small competition.
479. Cinderella found herself wearing the most beautiful dress
480. The winner should show empathy to the losers.
481. Pinot noir frequently struggled to ripen in the cool German climate.
482. Some male spiders perform a colorful song and dance.
483. Your help is of great value.
484. We should go to the north beach.
485. How could wishes be granted in these days?
486. Gym memberships can be pricey, with an average monthly cost of $60 plus initiation fees and 67 percent of memberships go unused.
487. If they start destroying food, what next?
488. Without him, they would have been gone without a trace.
489. We are not waiting for 10 years or 20 years, the effects are already happening.
490. Service is included in the final bill.
491. It would be impossible to monitor the safety of food imported with fake documents.
492. Her bank account was rarely over two hundred.
493. Experts are warning that the phenomenon is only getting worse.
494. I like how we can do corrections in text chat by appending words with asterisks and our brains just figure out where they go.
495. Images of the mounds of rubbish left in their wake have made headlines, sparked outrage and resulted in pleas by local government officials for visitors to stay away.
496. For me it's quite clear that I should do that.
497. Almost all holidays and celebrations have one common element: food.
498. What happens every four years?
499. Can we go to a restaurant tonight?
500. I'd like to thank my director, my friends and my family.
501. The good news is that we will overcome these technical hurdles within the next 10-15 years.
502. Sometimes they hardly exchanged a word.
503. This report is less likely to be remembered for what they say than for what they don't say.
504. There exist hurdles these girls must cross in order to achieve that aim.
505. He's about to rent a new apartment which he won't be able to afford if he loses his job.
506. I'm meeting two London friends in Nagasaki on the 21st of October, and we’ll be riding to Tokyo together.
507. I asked my teacher if he could tutor me for my upcoming exam.
508. You don't have to clean the toilet bowl for over a year.
509. If calories and cholesterol weren't a concern, the English breakfast really would be worth eating three times per day.
510. There's a certain type of brain that's easily disabled.
511. He received his prize from the president.
512. He was still drinking beer shortly before 02:00 the next day.
513. I often walk the dog in the woods behind our house.
514. I opened the cupboard and a bag of flour fell on my head.
515. What should we do about it?
516. If it's not the Earth's changing proximity to the sun, what gives us seasons?
517. Looking forward to meeting you in person very soon!
518. I don't even want to think about it.
519. Are you upset about something?
520. I come here two or three times a week.
521. They sleep through the six months they need for digestion.
522. Someone said the south beach has a 20 percent higher risk of shark attacks.
523. I met a traveler from an antique land.
524. It's been two weeks since I got married.
525. The grandmother grew worried when she heard about the incident.
526. I love self-driving cars.
527. It's too long for twitter but it can fit in a facebook post.
528. He had no time because he had to iron his towels.
529. Do you know where to find him?
530. The bottle was a gift from my dad.
531. With electricity, we have hot water too.
532. Taking a cold shower 2 or 3 times per week may contribute to increased metabolism
533. He began talking about the forests of Uruguay which he had visited hundreds of years ago.
534. I don't want you to drive during the winter.
535. You can have either ice cream or chocolate. You can't have both!
536. I go there every week.
537. I let my 9-year-old daughter use my tablet while I made her dinner.
538. It wasn't that long ago that it was illegal to export wine.
539. They are not for eating.
540. Don't blame me alone for bearing the bad news.
541. It must have arrived.
542. I'm 31, married, and I have a good paying job.
543. There's no harm done, but it gave me a shock all the same.
544. I'm glad you liked it.
545. How am I going to dance to this?
546. The lock is being opened so that the level of water is raised allowing a boat to pass through.
547. The town is a good base from which to explore this charming corner of Italy.
548. Come back next week and we'll see what the outcome is.
549. I got fired from my job because I closed the store 84 seconds too early.
550. Opposition members felt the conference had been packed with government supporters.
551. This was considered something quite scandalous.
552. Before watching a film, I took a shower.
553. Fifteen years ago I came here with Lily.
554. They had begun drinking at 15:00 on 7 August.
555. I've always been a little confused about this.
556. It seems like a pretty simple question.
557. I don't know what you just said because I was thinking about batman.
558. It's obvious that you won't give up easily.
559. Next time I'll buy a house that has ten bedrooms.
560. She pushed her way to the front of the queue.
561. Are you doing anything later?
562. A slew of studies from around the world has reported a disturbing trend.
563. Before I die, let me eat at least one more banana.
564. Will you come to my party next weekend?
565. You probably never think about it, but what are the numbers in a phone number?
566. Do you argue about the temperature in your office or home?
567. Something was broken in my engine.
568. This morning, I saw a cleaning lady empty the contents of the black trashcan.
569. Why didn't I think of it before?
570. But wherever I spoke about the museum, they looked at me like I was crazy.
571. I drove 3 hours to surprise my girlfriend, whom I hadn't seen for 3 weeks.
572. She is not happy with her job.
573. Don't you have your own car?
574. All right, let's open the door.
575. If you get into an accident where you must escape your car, especially if it's sinking in water, what do you do?
576. She must be very happy.
577. I parked my car, went to pay for my spot, and returned to my car only to find a parking violation ticket tucked under the windshield wipers.
578. My girlfriend shaved a chunk of my hair off while I was sleeping.
579. I was obliged to make a great mental effort to solve this problem, without any assistance.
580. He smiled to himself and began to talk again.
581. I think they deserve credit for making that change.
582. I know what video we should watch once this is over.
583. His wife made no reply.
584. My dad and uncle got in an argument over money and ended up fighting in the back garden.
585. Where do you want to take your cow?
586. Do you have any electric appliances?
587. Text someone and tell them 'Hey, I lost my phone, can you call it?', and see how many people call it.
588. Where does all of that pollution come from?
589. Martin Luther King was killed in 1968.
590. The meat has not been cooked well.
591. The advice they offer is surprisingly similar and has remained fairly consistent over the years.
592. Why are you complaining about your new boyfriend?
593. The government refused to provide money for the project.
594. Long pauses came between each of these remarks.
595. Facebook's new break-up tool is about altering what an ex can see, but without them knowing you've done anything.
596. They could see flames shooting up into the air.
597. My voice is harsh and I cannot sing.
598. One of the brightest comets in decades is passing Earth.
599. Do you want to watch a movie this evening?
600. I asked my mother-in-law to watch after my baby daughter.
601. I will have no part in this.
602. The English breakfast is a cholesterol-laden calorie bomb usually consisting of two eggs, sausage, bacon, baked beans, fried tomato and toast.
603. He began as a student.
604. What a disaster that would be!
605. I eat spaghetti everyday.
606. Oliver wrote down the address for me.
607. Your car was stolen, you should call the police.
608. My PE teacher yelled at me for not trying hard enough in class.
609. How did they know that she was talking about her own experience.
610. Where's my sandwich? Sorry, it's been eaten!
611. It may sound strange, but that's what he has in mind
612. He was happy that the researchers could take advantage of this moment.
613. California has relatively strict gun laws, compared with other US states.
614. If my landlord identifies me, he will throw me out
615. I slept through my alarm and missed my exam.
616. Time flies when you're having fun.
617. He thinks that I am too tired to work.
618. The consequences are already quite apparent.
619. Have a seat, we'll get started with the interview.
620. Will you come with me?
621. What are you having for lunch?
622. It's not as good as it sounds.
623. If a truck is being powered by a computer algorithm, then these decisions would have to be made in advance by the programmers.
624. Do you see the ducks in the pond?
625. It is now the morning of the 3rd day after they left.
626. When visiting my house, don't put anything valuable into your pockets, okay?
627. I noticed that my right shoelace was untied and I tied it.
628. Come, let us go look at a sunset now.
629. This is the story of these strange beings.
630. I decided to try it.
631. I didn't listen to the news this morning.
632. I was curious to see what images remained today.
633. The visitor absent-mindedly put his empty glass to his lips and then set it down again.
634. Eating habits have nothing to do with personality.
635. Would you guess this weighs as much as a small adult?
636. My house is so cold that I chipped a tooth from chattering so hard.
637. Small creatures that initially went unnoticed by paleontologists, often found in rocks that were historically overlooked, are just now coming to the forefront.
638. That makes me feel even worse.
639. Excuse me, is this seat taken?
640. You could get paid more than triple the average wage in the UK by just monitoring what people are saying about the brand you work for on Facebook.
641. I find you more attractive than usual, because of all the weight you've been putting on and your gravitational pull is pretty severe.
642. The priest at my wedding farted and everyone thought it was me, as the guests, my bride, even the priest himself looked at me in disgust before continuing.
643. It has attracted more than 285,000 signatures.
644. I have flown a little over all parts of the world.
645. Do you know how far it is from here to the airport?
646. Mike comes to the park with me once every two months.
647. I received six prank phone calls while lifeguarding.
648. I'm not that person they think I am.
649. Unlike other natural disasters, an asteroid strike is preventable.
650. I dyed my hair purple.
651. How long did you stay there?
652. What would you do if you were in my place?
653. What are you doing right now?
654. I got kicked out of McDonalds for skating on the floor.
655. Her experience over the weekend has left her feeling disappointed.
656. To help people make a decision, samples are being put on display across the country.
657. I got sick of it a couple of weeks ago.
658. In the night, I breathe with difficulty.
659. I sometimes go swimming with my friends.
660. They sat down by the fire again while the two men finished their pipes.
661. In Texas, as in most places, no one seems too worried.
662. He couldn't stop noticing things that could be done more efficiently.
663. What a turtle prefers to eat, whether in the wild or as a pet, will depend on its age, size and species.
664. They didn't marry because she was afraid of being tied down.
665. Last week I called the hotel and booked a room for five days.
666. I apologize for being late.
667. It is true that geography has been very useful to me.
668. Do whatever you think best.
669. You must leave the party at midnight and come home.
670. My doctor asked if any members of my family suffered from small pox.
671. Please fasten your seat belt.
672. Are you okay with your income?
673. As I was going down, I recognized a boy in a wheelchair and his friends trying to get him up.
674. Show up and listen.
675. That is why, at the age of six, I gave up what might have been a magnificent career as a painter.
676. The lights in the kitchen are not working.
677. I donated a dollar to a kids charity.
678. My nose is often blocked.
679. I will read the newspaper tomorrow morning.
680. I got my middle name from somebody who obviously didn't think that I'd run for president.
681. They are also famous for their distinctive red uniforms.
682. Security's gonna throw you out.
683. I've tried a lot of foods that I hadn't encountered previously.
684. A great D.J. will often start planning a mix of songs well before the event.
685. I was the only one in an elevator when an attractive girl came in.
686. I confronted him and demanded that he clean it up.
687. The story was also widely shared on Facebook.
688. With advances in railways and shipping in the 19th Century, long distance travel became faster.
689. As we've reported, bitter battles have been fought over this subject.
690. I chose another profession and learned to pilot airplanes.
691. The behavior remains poorly understood
692. People talked to me just to hear my British accent.
693. It depresses me that I'm too old to learn another language fluently.
694. You recently had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID.
695. This money has already been counted by the machine, but please also count it yourself.
696. I said I'd be back in a minute.
697. You've always excelled at that.
698. Where did you stay?
699. She brought the stranger into the room.
700. I made a nursing home resident laugh so hard that he had a heart attack.
701. I've got to go. I'm late for work.
702. You didn't eat anything.
703. Leonard's bathroom time is coming up, and believe me, you do not want to follow him.
704. The 'poke' button on Facebook is awesome, but I think there should be a 'stab' button.
705. Put your bag on the table, please.
706. This village has no local bus service.
707. My friends took me to a bar to celebrate my 18th birthday.
708. As I had with me neither a mechanic nor any passengers, I set myself to attempt the difficult repairs all alone.
709. That's not what you're supposed to do.
710. They call on us to eat more fish, avocado, and nuts, which contain healthy fats.
711. It's a job that needs to be done.
712. He refuses to believe that he's the problem.
713. In which part of New York does she live?
714. There's plenty of work that will be done after we're gone.
715. Polls say most people support Candidate X.
716. I sanitized my phone before using it.
717. I was invited to multiple parties.
718. Avocados are a strange anomaly that shouldn't exist, and might have gone extinct thousands of years ago.
719. With auto-renewal linked to a credit card, it's super easy to lose track of all of your subscription services, including newspapers, magazines, streaming video and audio services, meal delivery, custom clothing boxes and more.
720. I'm fed up with my neighbour's dog.
721. Unfortunately, Twain's enthusiasm for creative spelling isn't widely shared today, at least in the professional world.
722. Faxing a seventy page document is an expensive process.
723. I was excited because a friend had added me to a new Facebook chat consisting of my tight circle of friends from last year's summer camp.
724. We are living on water and salt.
725. While working at the bar, I accidentally spilled a beer on my chest.
726. I got detention at school because a girl told the principal I was stalking her on campus.
727. It's a bit more complicated than that.
728. Max is a science graduate, in his early thirties.
729. I apparently looked like I was being possessed while performing.
730. Stop having fun.
731. She has been searching on a computer for a foreign specialist who will treat her dying infant nephew.
732. Right now there's nothing I want to do but sleep.
733. The bed was warm, and his eyes heavy with sleep.
734. One day I felt so bored at home that I asked my husband to take me out.
735. I'll stay here for two years.
736. Three times he paused at the gate, and then walked on again.
737. I'm not polite at all.
738. These women hope to be able to compete on the international stage in a few years.
739. Just little earlier I saw someone spying on our house from behind a telephone pole.
740. You had such a strong spirit.
741. Jaguars are known to be solitary animals but they do have an affectionate side when it comes to taking care of their young.
742. William caught him by the sleeve.
743. They came to our family home looking for my brother.
744. Why are they honking at me when I'm driving according to the rules?
745. We are a little distracted right now.
746. When people from outside the city speak about the people here, they often think of the taxi drivers.
747. I went to the cinema with my son.
748. Can I plug in my extension cord over here?
749. Which of these toothpastes is better?
750. The children thought the new game was very funny.
751. My parents finally fulfilled my childhood dream and got a puppy.
752. I guess some things are just better left to the imagination.
753. All the time I spoke I saw her shoe.
754. Right now, if you decide you don't want to be reminded of a certain someone's existence, you would need to unfriend or block them.
755. Flying into the eye of a hurricane is dangerous.
756. Then one morning, exactly at sunrise, she suddenly showed herself.
757. I poured boiling water over my instant noodles.
758. Sometimes even when you brake you can't stop.
759. If I don't take my full dosage of Vicodin, I will be in excruciating pain all day.
760. He drove south.
761. He might know her name.
762. Why do some snakes have elaborate belly patterns?
763. We want to encourage people to do what they can.
764. On the way back, I stopped at a red light, but the drunk driver behind me didn't.
765. I looked carefully all around me.
766. When she has something on her mind, she likes to go for a long walk by herself.
767. Is it possible to send cash by post?
768. For many years, scholars have speculated about how Polynesia was initially populated.
769. One couple after another with much the same irregular and aimless movement passed.
770. I made the decision to lighten my hair from dark brown to blonde.
771. It is not clear if the king plans to return to the villa this summer.
772. Enjoy the rest of your time here.
773. Most of the maintenance of green areas was deemed non-essential.
774. My mother refused to buy a cat because my sister is allergic to them.
775. It will be chilly in the morning, but become warmer in the afternoon.
776. Suddenly the door was closed.
777. There is a big generation gap in this movement.
778. Neither I nor any of my coworkers understand why our boss hates me so much that I feel the need to carry pepper spray on me at all times.
779. I myself am extremely thankful to have worked alongside so many incredible people.
780. My mother informed me that she sold my dog to pay off some bills.
781. The stars told me I would be unlucky today.
782. There were key differences between London and New York.
783. Everyone has the right to defend themselves.
784. My friend was seriously offended when I asked her to help me clean everything up.
785. This is why I called you yesterday.
786. Before the cinema, we had dinner.
787. Most of the maintenance of green areas was deemed non-essential.
788. I might have some small change.
789. He couldn't read or write.
790. I agree that we have a technology gap that must be filled.
791. Should we be drinking less?
792. He also introduced a smartphone app for women that alerts the police when they face danger at night.
793. You need to be wary of information coming out of North Korea.
794. Are there any Chinese in your area?
795. Over 80 million people live in Germany.
796. Unfortunately, France is too far away for that.
797. We need to make it more exciting for them.
798. You can make a simple cheese using ingredients and equipment found in most kitchens.
799. I was trying to get a piece of apple that was stuck between my teeth.
800. How did the manager respond to this?
801. Who in your family is a musician?
802. What's your favorite subject?
803. Fireflies can breed this summer without interference from light pollution and disturbance in forests around the country.
804. You just left him and came back like that?
805. Some of my neighbours were able to rescue some precious books that remain hidden.
806. It was very tasty.
807. What did you do last weekend? Tell me.
808. Something must be wrong with me.
809. What colour is your jacket? Dark brown.
810. What I'm trying to do is really simple.
811. You know, playing this doesn't make you cool like a real rock band.
812. Six years have already passed since my friend went away from me.
813. I have nothing special.
814. She asked last year for her youngest son to be added to the list of participants.
815. Max agrees with this.
816. We must pay attention to what newcomers are actually doing.
817. I'm just relieved that all of that is finally over.
818. I did not understand why it was so important that sheep should eat little bushes.
819. I'm worried that the streets will be too full.
820. Some of the world's biggest companies are investing a lot of money to build electric vehicles that partly or entirely drive themselves.
821. There was a moment of complete silence.
822. I've been here all day.
823. You know you're too drunk to drive.
824. What's happening is new and challenging and maybe not ideal, but they are a tough, adaptable people and will figure it out.
825. My sister calls me every morning.
826. Many successful leaders have claimed they only need 4-5 hours of precious sleep a night.
827. She will drive to Italy.
828. Go straight up to a big crossroads.
829. Here's what you could do in 1920s Manhattan that you can't do today.
830. I should never have listened to her.
831. How is it that we didn't know why the ocean was salty until 1979?
832. Sit down, and don't jump to conclusions.
833. It has a huge effect.
834. Today you work on it, and you can get your money the same day.
835. The 62 richest people own as much wealth as the poorest half of the world's population.
836. If you're a mobile user in the US you can try out the tool right now.
837. Economic development is among the most remarkable things that this country experienced in the 20th century.
838. I've never seen anyone completely frozen like this before.
839. Throw away your plates and glasses when they get dirty.
840. Remember, having a good attitude is the most important thing.
841. Society's values are passed on to us as children.
842. Crossing the threshold into the bathroom, she paused to look at herself in the mirror with a grimace.
843. Remember how flashlights sucked when we were kids?
844. "Better let it burn," said the soldier, solemnly.
845. Signs also urge attention to children.
846. Everything you think you know about economy is certainly wrong.
847. A close friend came over with her three-year-old son.
848. He dismissed these concerns.
849. It shows they are incapable of using common sense.
850. No one will challenge you on it.
851. A school of pharmacy was instituted, and a museum and library were started.
852. The lifeguard had to come and protect me.
853. Her 35-year-old husband died last year of a heart attack.
854. What's the exchange rate for the US dollar today?
855. There's no scientific basis for this belief.
856. I was accused of shoplifting after the alarm started beeping as I walked into the store.
857. Everybody knows that when it is noon in the United States the sun is setting over France.
858. I wanted to meet a cow like the one I ate at Snow's.
859. Even if you get home late during the week, the ingredients are ready to go and a healthy meal can be on the table in 30 minutes.
860. The bomb was found on Friday during preparations for the construction of a pipeline.
861. Drop one to two seeds into each container.
862. What we’ve done is cause an unintended spike in stillbirth while trying to protect pregnant women.
863. There's something wrong with my dog.
864. I found out the reason why my cat would sometimes go outside for days at a time.
865. I drove across two states to see my brother.
866. It is not company policy to dispense with our older workers.
867. When they couldn't find him, they decided to take me to prison instead.
868. Tootsie's shift starts at 9 p.m. and ends the next day after about 600 pounds of beef have been served.
869. I hope both sides accept this as a fair compromise.
870. I was surprised to hear you were interested in joining our little team.
871. You must have patience.
872. I have nothing to offer.
873. I had this idea five years ago and some company just got rich doing it.
874. So, what's next for this African country?
875. The average head has about 100,000 hairs
876. This seems like the least likely place for an art collection.
877. China is another vast country which shares a single time zone.
878. While working on a story about climate change, the climate changed.
879. Even small steps help.
880. Her vision was blurred by tears.
881. You have to talk to the people on the street.
882. I picked it up and tried to hand it back to her.
883. Many jobs were created over summer.
884. These recipes show that you don't have to own an outdoor charcoal or gas grill to enjoy great grilled food.
885. My son is mad at me for causing him to fail a science test.
886. I repeatedly asked my coach for water as I was feeling light headed.
887. They live in a constant cycle of eating and resting.
888. I woke up from an amazing dream.
889. My fiancée broke up with me, via a myspace message, while we were in the same apartment.
890. We've been looking everywhere for you.
891. I was surprised to hear you were interested In joining our little team.
892. He sank trembling into a chair.
893. Why did we stop there?
894. It sounds you may be interested in my new product.
895. Why aren't the electronics manufacturers doing more?
896. There is no model player in this orchestra.
897. It is still not clear whether or not he realizes.
898. My grandfather showed up at my house in a panic.
899. We occasionally go to a bookshop.
900. This is one of the highest rates in the world.
901. What went wrong?
902. She noticed that the stranger was well dressed and wore a silk hat.
903. I look forward to further contacts with these groups in this field.
904. My dress has not yet been shipped from the online shop where I ordered it three weeks ago.
905. I asked a guy out.
906. You can see the tiny insects trying to flee.
907. The rain posed no risk to the environment.
908. My purse fell out of my pocket.
909. I found the courage to tell my parents about my boyfriend.
910. Her husband struck a match and lit the candle.
911. It is not unusual for unexploded bombs to be discovered in Germany.
912. But we must not get carried away.
913. Put your coat on, we're going out.
914. People shouldn't scare cats with carrots.
915. I did have some idea of selling it, but I don't think I will.
916. While the euro is one of the youngest currencies in the world, the Indian rupee is one of the oldest, as it can be traced back to the sixth century B.C.E.
917. Or maybe that's just because I'm getting older.
918. Wait till tomorrow morning, we'll find out everything by then.
919. After eating so many English breakfasts, I wondered if I was going to make it back to New York without having cardiac arrest over the Atlantic.
920. It takes you 15 minutes to walk to school.
921. I screamed at the shock.